Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

What a Boy Wants


I ran across this picture somewhere on the internet and it immediately caught my eye, probably because it initially registered as a guy in undies to me.

This drawing is supposed to represent what most men want in the ideal girlfriend.Let's take it apart bit by bit, shall we.

First off, the girl is sitting around in her underwear playing a Nintendo DS. The bed is unmade and her hair seems uncombed. Her undies are tight enough to let us know she is a female.

If we look at her bedroom, I am assuming that her posters, books, etc. are meant to give us an appreciation for what her interests are. I see right away that on the floor is a PSP as well as two video game systems (an Xbox 360 and a WII) with their handheld controllers, and a Guitar Hero guitar tucked behind the tv. The girl is obviously very much into games.

The posters on the wall suggest she likes Japanese anime, comic books, and lurking around on 4chan's /b/ channel.

She has a rather large plasma television set and is watching The Colbert Report.

There are various and sundry books under the tv, but my eyes or my laptop screen don't allow me to see the titles well enough to read them, but even so, I think I have seen enough to draw a general conclusion.

The artist is suggesting that guys want someone who lounges in bed wearing underwear while watching Comedy Central, loves comics, lurks around and enjoys the irreverent humor of /b/, is into the latest tech gadgets, and who plays video games in their free time. Ok, isn't this describing 9% of guys?

So then, what I am seeing is that most guys want another guy.

Well. Who knew?