Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Fresh Cup, Fresh Cup, Fresh Cup!























So, apparently Tim Burton has been working on a new imagining of Alice in Wonderland. The film will be starring three of my favorite actors: Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, and Ann Hathaway. I am really looking forward to this film, though I am not going to assume that it is going to be great. Yet.

You see, though I like Tim Burton, I have noticed that I don't always like his remakes. Though his original films are almost always good, his "reimaginings" have been hit or miss with me.

His originals include:
Pee-Wee's Big Adventure. I loved it to the point of memorization.

Beetlejuice. Well done, even with that nutjob Winona Ryder.

The Nightmare Before Christmas. Brilliant!

Edward Scissorhands. A little wacky, but I liked it.

His remakes include:
Batman and Batman Returns. Yuck and yuckier, though Chris O'Donnell's bottom in those tight green pleather pants.....Holy Moly.

Sleepy Hollow. A great retelling of the Ichabod Crane tale.


Planet of the Apes. Where was Roddy McDowell when I needed him.

Sweeny Todd. Brilliant!

So, I am waiting to see what he is doing. The good thing is the only other film it can be compared to is the Disney animation from ten thousand years ago, so I doubt there will be comparisons.

Oh, and by the way, this reminds me, today is my un-birthday!

All pictures, incidentally, are owned by Disney