Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Keep It Gay!

For the last 2 nights in a row, I've wanted to blog my opinions about something I had seen on tv. One was a personal commentary on Bill O'Reilly's rant regarding the photo shoot the beautiful Kim Kardashian did with that young pop singer Justin Bieber. Another was a personal commentary on the same singer, Bieber, being named as one of the 50 sexiest men in the world by Glamour Magazine. (I mean, come on. The contest was for Men!) And finally, I wanted to bring to your attention a great show I've been watching on Wednesday's on BBC America.

I held off doing any of them because the ideas all seemed kind of trite and silly. But, just a few moments ago, it occurred to me that I have been putting too much pressure on myself to be witty, or pithy, or "deep". I mean, come on, who am I kidding? I am no longer writing for academic journals; this is just a silly blog to keep me entertained. And suddenly, I had an epiphany: Who wants dreary drama or pedantic prose? To quote Roger DeBris, "Keep it light, keep it bright, keep it gay!



So, what does this mean? It means you will be treated to my inane commentary regarding the events mentioned above. Aren't you the lucky ones?