Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Be Careful What You Wish For...

I suppose there is some truth to that old chestnut. Just after writing the post where I confessed the fact that I was just sleeping way too much, though I still blame the shadow of depression and not laziness, I told myself that I was just going to have to make myself focus and find things to do. One of the things I promised myself was that I would post here everyday to force my mind to think creatively for a structured purpose. Of course, I still can't get a decent story written, but the Ramblings posts are doing fine.

The other thing I told myself was that the sleeping had to stop. I decided to identify a reason/purpose to wake up in the morning, something to focus on, in an attempt to...what...find a reason to live? I don't know; that sounds a bit dramatic, but I think you know what I mean. Anyway, after making that little decision Wednesday, I haven't managed to sleep yet. Yes, the exact opposite of what had been happening is now happening. The last time I slept was Tuesday night. I didn't fall asleep at all on Wednesday and so got up around 6:00 AM and puttered about. Thursday evening rolled around and I figured I'd sleep like a log.

Nope.

I never fell asleep that night either and so got up around 7 AM-ish and web surfed, wrote some stuff for my "book", etc. I did sleep for 2 hours Thursday afternoon, though, so that was good. But then Thursday night...no sleep. Friday night...no sleep, though I napped from 11-2 Friday afternoon. And now last night, Saturday, I couldn't sleep again, which is why I am blogging at 3:30 AM Sunday morning.

Hell's Bells.

I hear that people can begin hallucinating if they don't sleep properly, but luckily that hasn't happened yet. I guess I haven't lost the amount of sleep necessary to scramble my mind. Or at least, I don't think I have. There was actually an odd occurrence yesterday afternoon, but I don't feel like relating that tale yet. Maybe later. Maybe tomorrow.

*****

While I was popping about the web, I came across a set of really cool photos, I think on one of the many chans I visit, and I saved a few of them. I would have saved more, but the darn thread expired before I could grab them all.

Anyway, putting up pictures of random guys just isn't something I do very often here. I am not comfortable doing it, for one, and showcasing random people isn't what I do here on my blog. But, the photos are well done, kind of arty (like I am any judge of that), and I think some of you guys would be interested in them. I don't know, maybe not. But here they are nevertheless. 

I especially like the first two photos that showcase that beautiful rock wall/sea of shale. And in the last shot, the model standing in front of those deep green trees is just so cool. I wish I knew who the photographer was. He was the one uploading the photos to the thread, but like I said, the thread died before I could get the full set or any of his information. I do think, though, that the photographer might be the same one who shot these photos, because it sure seems like the same model. What do you guys think?

And if I remember correctly, those skateboarder shots were taken by a man who went by the name Thick-Rimmed over at Male General. Well, at least he did until the people there upset him by calling him a pedo and of "grooming"  for using 17-18 year old friends since he was in his 30s. I never saw an issue with that, myself, since the shots were never erotic, but what do I know. So, after enduring a couple weeks of abuse, he deleted his stuff from there and disappeared. Rather Salinger-ish, wouldn't you say? Or Unabomber-ish. You decide.