Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dinner with the Doc and Other Assorted Ramblings

I'm not really sure what prompted my spate of posts today. Perhaps it's because of the remarks from you guys telling me to get off of my ass and do something other than moping about, perhaps it's because I never managed to fall asleep last night and have been up for 32 hours and am in a manic mood, or perhaps it's because I made a pan of strawberry jello mixed with fruit cocktail, and who doesn't feel better after a jiggly treat?

Dinner tonight was orecchiette pasta with broccoli, fresh tomato, sausage, garlic, red pepper flakes, and parmesan cheese. 

*****

Say, do you guys remember me mentioning the handsome hunks on the HBO show True Blood, the series created from the Sookie Stackhouse novels? (See the side bar ---> for a book sample.) I had wanted to put up some photos of several of the male actors, but never got around to doing it. Well, it turns out that the September issue of Rolling Stone features two of the guys and the actress who plays Sookie, and I stumbled across a photo of the cover just a few minutes ago.

Tadah!  

Admittedly, the red punch concentrate rolling down their bodies is somewhat off putting, but you can still see that the guys are seriously fit. Oh yeah, and Ana Paquin is there too. Meh.

And on a final note, I am not actually afflicted with multiple personalities, though I do appreciate the email from a reader who was concerned about my welfare. That was just a silly joke on my part; well, at least I thought it was funny. Perhaps it lost something in the translation. And by translation, I mean going from my mind to the electronic page.

;^)