Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

It's Getting Old



You know what I am getting tired of? Posers.

I haven't been a member of the Blogosphere for as long as some of you, but I have already seen my fair share of bloggers pretending to be someone that they are not. I have read through blogs allegedly belonging to young people who later turn out to be trolls, adults pretending for reasons of their own. More often than not, those blogs are typified by outrageous happenings and drama drama drama. In my opinion, these blogs generally give themselves away with inconsistent facts. It takes a bit of time, but I can usually tell when I am being trolled.

And now I find myself reading another blog that is showing all the signs I've come to associate with a fake author.

I cannot fathom what pleasure is had by someone fooling others. Is there is a sense of power? Of superiority? Is the author laughing as he reads through comments and emails from others offering him condolences, support, and friendship? Does he tell his real life friends about the gullibility of the people who run/read blogs?

I will not identify the blog that I am certain is being written by a troll because my goal here is not to embarrass anyone or call someone out in public. I am also planning on reading the blog for a bit longer, just to see where the fantasy goes. After all, I may be able to incorporate some of the events into a better written story one of these days than the original author has been able to put together thus far.