Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Here Ye, Here Ye...


From time to time, I set my foot down and make an insane Pronouncement, an event wherein I make a decision about something in my life, set it down in stone, and never waver from it again. And before you ask, yes, I really do have it set in stone. My personal assistant happens to be a dwarf, and he doesn't mind carving me a tablet or two on occasion.

The last Pronouncement I made had to do with watching Nancy Grace. That woman would make me flipping crazy, to the point I was yelling at the tv set at her one sided, condescending, holier than thou attitude and dismissive blather. So, I made a Pronouncement, announcing that no one in the house was allowed to have her on ever again. She is persona non grata and her poisonous words are not welcomed here at the Sanctum.

The Pronouncement before that, I resolved never to set foot in a JC Penney store ever again. They angered me to the point that I paid off my credit card balance with them, cancelled the card, and have not been in a JC Penney store for over 4 years.

And before anyone thinks about commenting, I realize I am insane. I don't need you to tell me.

Well, my new Pronouncement: I hereby resolve to not follow any new blogs or get to know any more people online. It just gets to be too much for me. I fear that I am a highly emotional person, and I get attached to people too easily. Now, not the creepy "stalkerish attached" where restraining orders have to be brought to bear. Rather, I like the people I meet in blog land, worry when they worry, feel sad when they are sad, and flare up when I think they have been treated unfairly or badly. I put myself out there to help people who I have never met and fret when I can't. I don't really know why I do this; it is rather silly when you think about it. Unfortunately, it is not something about myself that I can turn off at will.

And so, since I can't turn the emotion off, the only other defense I have is to pull my attentions back into my shell.

To quote Douglas Adams, I fear I must say, "So long, and thanks for all the fish." I will remain here at my blog, of course, at least for as long as it gives me a place to escape, but my presence elsewhere will be severely diminished. Fewer comments, fewer references to other blogs, and absolutely no new friends.


The Doctor has decided. Start chiseling, Brom Belfast, my vertically challenged old pal, and set the tablet with the others.