Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Old Films

I don't generally watch a lot of television. I think it's because I can't sit in one place for more than a little while before I get antsy; call it adult ADHD.

Today, however, I watched a couple of old(er) films that I clearly remember watching at the theater when I was just a kid. The first was Max Dugan Returns with Jason Robards, Marsha Mason, and a very young Matthew Broderick. Written by Neil Simon, it has humor, sarcastic lines, and a great story. And it sticks in my mind because of a very sexy Matthew Broderick in the typical 80's tight pants. The movie came out in 1983 which puts me at 15 years old, and I am sure you don't need me to say that the handsome teen Matthew totally made the film for me. Ha!

Later in the evening, I watched the original Clash of the Titans with Harry Hamlin and Burgess Meredith. And though I love Burgess, especially as The Penguin and as the landlord in the hilarious Foul Play, it was seriously sexy Harry Hamlin that I recall being mesmerized by when I saw it at the theater. Clash of the Titans came out in 1981 which puts me at 13, so a nearly nude pretty man like Harry was sure to overload my senses.

Below are some captures of Harry Hamlin from Clash of the Titans that I found online. Sadly, I couldn't find any captures of Matthew Broderick from Max Dugan returns, though I suppose it's for the best. Putting up photos of teens and calling them sexy is a sure way to get a nasty label, and in my tenuous position, I don't need that.