Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Dinner with the Doc


This was a bit more of a job than I had anticipated. I placed a brisket on a barbeque grill and smoked it for 4 hours. The meat was moist and delicious, but it was more toothsome than I like. So, it then went into the oven with extra seasoning, etc. for another 6 hours at 220 degrees. However, the darn thing is still too tough. So, it is back in the oven even as I write this. It has provided meat for two meals, though, and everyone said it was delicious. I'm just not happy with it.

**********

In other news, I just looked back at my last few posts and realized that I've been stinking the place up! No real writing, no emotion, just pictures. Pretty pictures, in my opinion, but nothing of substance. I think it's because I haven't been in the best of moods, lately, and do not want to air that here on the blog. We all journey into blogland to relax and have fun, I suspect, and I don't want to cast a pall in my corner of the realm. I need to find a way to dispel the Aura of Negativity that has been cast on my kingdom, though.