Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Update: Lulu and Assorted Babblings

Napping on the couch as per usual.
I called the hospital at 5:30 PM to see if I could pick up my little dog and was told that the vet wanted to keep her there overnight. Apparently the surgery was a bit more involved than he anticipated and amounted to what was, essentially, a mastectomy. The cuts were deep and he wants to keep her under observation.

I was sort of worried before, but now I am extremely concerned. I got to bring her home quickly last time and that surgery was spaying AND removal of tumors. This was just supposed to be tumor removal and she needs to be kept under observation? I am feeling like I've abandoned her to strangers, and I am not convinced that whatever qualifies as nurses at an animal hospital will keep a close watch on her.

Well, not much to be done, I suppose.

*****

I am supposed to be working on an assignment for my therapist. It involves imagining a conversation between me and someone else where I explain my reasoning for certain actions. It's an empathy thing. And it's kicking my rear end. I've put off doing it for three weeks, but my appointment is tomorrow and it has to get done. Call me Ishmael the Procrastinator.

It's not that I can't empathize with others; I just don't want to. ;^)