Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Lulu

Well, my little dog is back at the dog and cat hospital.

Lulu in the living room!
I took her there a few months back due to a large growth on her belly. I was informed that she had breast tumors on both sides of her body. There was the large one I had noticed and then several smaller ones I had not. The vet took out the tumors on one side and also spayed her, hoping the removal of the hormones produced by her female organs would halt the growth of the remaining ones. Unfortunately, that did not happen.

I've noticed one of the remaining tumors growing larger the last couple of weeks, and yesterday, it looked like it was bleeding. I figured waiting any more would be pointless and so, she is at the hospital now.

The vet said she should be ready to be picked up about 5:00 pm this afternoon. I just hope this is the last of the surgeries for her. She is eleven and a half years old; I worry the stress is too much for her.