Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lulu is Home

Well, my little girl is home, but I am not happy.

Her whole right under belly is swollen and inflamed. There is blood seeping out, leaving little droplets on the floor. The vet saw that and said it was just "seepage" and it would be ok. All right, what? I've been through two major surgeries for liver tumors, and neither time were my incision points dripping blood the next day. How the frak is that normal?  He gave us pain meds, antibiotic meds, and an iron supplement. He pointed out that her gums are very pale, meaning that she is anemic, hence the iron supplement. We are supposed to take her back in if they don't redden up by tomorrow.

I don't know. I think I would have preferred she stay there again so they could keep a trained eye on her, but I am sure she is happier to be back in familiar surroundings. She isn't walking right and is stumbling about. It is very difficult to watch, especially since I am used to seeing her bopping about and full of energy.

I am sorry now that I sent her off to the vet. And let me just say, that if something happens to her and she sickens and dies, I am plastering that man's face, name, and address here for all to see.

EDIT: Ok, seriously concerned. Lulu was sleeping in her bed and got up a couple of hours ago as if to walk around. She was still stumbling about a bit when suddenly, she just collapsed on the floor. It was as if her legs just gave out on her. Her front legs were extended in front of her, but her back legs were twisted to the side. She struggled to get up  briefly, but her front feet just scrabbled on the floor. I swear my heart was about to stop.

I picked her up carefully and put her back in her bed. She didn't even try to shift into a comfortable position. She just laid there looking at me, her breathing seeming very fast to me. I don't know. She got up again and made her way to another of her beds just now, but still looks out of it.

Heads will roll if anything happens to my girl....