Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Visit


I met with the lawyers today. I have to say that after they left, I am now feeling worse than ever.

Obviously I can't go into detail on the evidence the DA is preparing to use against me, but once my guys laid it all out and explained what the DA's strategy/argument is going to be, even I have to concede that it looks bad and, if I were a juror, I'd be hard pressed to give me the benefit of the doubt.

I have court this Thursday for pretrial motions, whatever those are, and then full blown trial starting Monday.

My mind is somewhat in shock still at this point; I was fully planning on winning a Not Guilty verdict, and now I am trying to figure what maximum sentence I'd be willing to plea bargain to in order to avoid a trial. Right now, the DA is offering a 40 year "deal" which would make me dead before I got out of prison. Unfortunately, our DA was pasted in this last election for being soft on sex offenses, and I am very certain that she is going to see my case as a way to win points with the public.

To be honest, I am not sure I'll be posting here again. I mean really, what is there left to say? If something positive comes from my trial on Monday and Tuesday, I'll post it here.

If this blog is never updated again, you'll know why.

Thanks for reading the last year and a half of my nonsense and take care.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone