Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Waterfalls


It is in the presence of beauty such as this that I find myself wishing I had a better skill with words than I actually possess. The amazing beauty that I find hidden here and there in the world often begs for words to describe it so that others can feel what I feel and gain a sense of the wonder that takes over my soul.


But to do this, I need to be a poet, and I am far from being one of those. Poets have the ability to feel a rainbow of emotions and match those feelings with words. I can't do that. I can write analytically, expressively, grammatically, but not emotively. Poets tap into their emotions; I've run from mine for more years than I can count.


Perhaps this is why the simple beauty nature provides us affects me so profoundly. It is not pretentious, it is not putting on airs to garner a compliment; it simply exists, and the filters I have put up to protect myself from others/myself can't handle what I see. And so, my eyes tear up, there is a great pressure in my chest, and I can't speak as I stand in awe at our beautiful planet.



I just wish I could share that amazement with someone.