Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Fractalius.....Isn't He Related to Sibelius?





I have received dozens of emails, and by dozens I mean one, that have inquired about the images posted here at Sine Logicum under the headings Very Cool Art and More Cool Art. Apparently, hundreds of people (one) was interesting in knowing how they were made, who made them, and where more could be found. To be honest, I really couldn't give a satisfactory answer to any of these questions since I don't know much of anything about them other than where I found them. And,seeing as how I found them posted on the various chans, this means I knew nothing helpful to share.

So, I decided to start looking around on the internet to see what I could find. It turns out that all of the images were originally photographs that were then put through a Photoshop filter called a Fractalius Filter. The filter apparently can simulate pencil sketches or highlight the "hidden fractal texture" of an image.

So, there we are thousands of interested readers (one reader). If you have Photoshop and would like to make your own images, I found a site called Redfield Plugins that offers the Fractalius Filter. There are also a few galleries there with some sample pictures, if you'd like to see more.