Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Big Ass Cookies

I have been watching Top Chef: Just Desserts and twice, Chef Eric Wolizkv from New York made these huge chocolate chip cookies. Both times, the judges thought his cookies were really good.

I scrounged around on the interwebz and found his recipe. Yay! Of course, me being me had to fiddle with his recipe because....well....just because. The original recipe is below as are my changes.

Mmmmmm!  
Eric's Recipe

Ingredients:
    * 340 grams butter (3 sticks of butter)
    * 200 grams sugar (1 cup sugar)
    * 400 grams brown sugar (2 cups firmly packed)
    * 21 ounces flour (4 2/3 cups)
    * 1 tablespoon baking soda
    * 1 tablespoon salt (I used 1 1/2 teaspoons)
    * 2 eggs
    * 2 yolks
    * 21 ounces chocolate chips (or quality bar chocolate, chopped into chunks)
    (I added in 1 tsp of vanilla)


Directions:
1. Melt butter, cool slightly.
2. Paddle sugars with melted butter.
3. Whisk together dry ingredients.
4. Add eggs slowly. (And vanilla, if used)
5. Add flour, mix, add chips.
6. Bake at 325 for 14min or until golden brown. (I baked them for 16 minutes)


© 2010 Eric Wolitzky  - Bravo