Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

30 Days of Thanksgiving

Yesterday was Thanksgiving. My family and I gathered to eat and spend time together and argued/discussed what channel the television should be on. My niece and I always want to watch movies, but everyone else is more interested in the various  football games.

But we never actually gave thanks.

Odd, don’t you think, that the day we set aside to give thanks for what we have, all we did was look at the Black Friday ads, fuss at each other, and eat. I think that is a bit of commentary on us all.

So, I have decided to write down and post things I am thankful for, 30 days worth of things, in fact.
It sounds like a simple exercise, but I am not sure I’ll actually be able to come up with 30 entries. This should be interesting. So, without further adieu, here is the first entry.


*****
I am grateful for quiche, quinoa, quesadillas, quarter pounders, Queer as Folk, the music of Queen, the antics of certain residents of Quohaug, quizzically queer quips that cause querulous questioners to quail, qualified qualms, quantised quandries, quatrains, quirky companions, comfy handcrafted quilts and my quadruped companion Miss Lulu