Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Wizard's Staff

I had a old high school buddy contact me a few days ago. I was very surprised to get an email from him since I haven't seen him in years. At first, I was hesitant to read the email since most of my interactions the last couple of years with old friends have not been pleasant. But I eventually opened it.

I won't repeat his exact words, but he pretty much said that he wasn't concerned with the drama swirling around me, that he's known me since junior high school and knows who I am, and that he was behind me. That was good to hear.

Anyway, after talking about mutual friends, he related that our buddy Mark has become a Wiccan and had been carving wands as a hobby. That reminded me that I have a hand carved wizard staff that I purchased from a company that specializes in weapons recreations. Though they primarily sell period armor, swords, maces, daggers, etc., for a few months they offered these carved staves. Being a fantasy loving geek, I purchased one before they stopped carrying them.  I've had the staff now for about 16 years and had forgotten about it. I sent my friend some photos of it and decided to share them here as well.