Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Very Odd


Something rather odd occurred today and I can't quite seem to figure out what could be happening.

I was sweeping the den and kitchen this afternoon to make the house presentable. My sister and nephew were coming by for lunch and I didn't want to be embarrassed by having dust bunnies join us at the table. Besides, those little buggers eat more than you realize!

Anyway, as I was sweeping dust into the dustpan, I heard the doorbell ring. I knew it could not be my family since they were not due yet for another half hour or so. I looked out the den glass door, but I did not recognize the car that was parked by the curb or the young man that was sitting in the driver's seat.

The doorbell rang again.

I walked into the kitchen and looked out the window. Lo and behold, standing on the porch was one of my ex school district schoolboard members. I have to say I was very surprised to see her standing there. While I was still employed, I was a supporter of hers. Once my downfall began, she was the first to call for my head on a platter, which infuriated me, to be honest. And now, here she stood at my door, ringing the bell.

I chose not to answer the door and she eventually left. I am curious, though, as to what she wanted. Truth be told, I know enough about her political dealings, and other board members' dealings as well, that if I told what I know, several of them would be in hot water. Yet, I don't think that is why she was here.

Since I have no intention of ever speaking to any of those people again, I suspect I will never know what she wanted. It just seemed very strange that she would come over here now.

By the way, from now on, if I post from my phone, I will not be adding in a photo. It seems when I do so from this app, the picture gets posted in some weird folder that doesn't let you enlarge it.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone