Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Graham Norton and Justin Bieber

I just saw Justin Bieber on Graham Norton’s show. Now, before I start, let me just clarify that I do not hate Bieber; I am not a fan, but I am not on the Bieber hate squad either.

However, I have to say that he did not come off well on the show. First off, he came onstage with his pants sagging so badly that he was duck-walking to keep them from falling down. And when he sat, the crotch was midway down his thighs. I am sorry, but since when do Canadian white kids dress like street trash? Doesn't his mother travel with him? She really should say something about that. There are no parents that I know who let their kids sag like that in public. Well, no good parents, anyway.

Secondly, hearing him speak was so very very painful. I realize he is 16, but the 16 year olds I know can carry an intelligent conversation. I guess I just expected him to be, oh I don’t know, smarter? My experience is that musicians tend to be more creative, smarter, more well rounded than most. He seemed very shallow, uninformed, sort of a "if it doesn't have to do with me, I am not interested or informed about it". Ah well, I guess you don’t have to be smart to smile and flip your hair.

Finally, when Confessions in the Red Chair began, the first guest was a lady from Washington state. Bieber kept interrupting Graham with prattle and inane questions, like a child pestering his mom when she is talking on the phone. When the Biebs asked if the woman was transmitting from Washington, I just sighed. No, Justin, you are in England on an English talk show. Why would there be cameras in the US? Please don't "belieb" the smoke your people blow up your rear end; the world does not revolve around you, people were not lining up to talk to you, and not everyone at Graham's show was there to see you. I was embarrassed for him, to be honest.

He seems like a nice kid, but I just don't get his appeal. Omg.....unless it's because I am finally getting....GASP.......old?

Nah, that can't be it.........

<_<

>_>