Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Missed Opportunities

I never was much for the outdoors. If I had a choice between fresh air and recycled air conditioned air, the cold ac won every time. I especially LOVE that frosty smell that permeates the freezers in the grocery stores. You know what I am talking about.

But now that I face the frighteningly real possibility of losing my freedom forever, I find that I am sorry I never made time to look around at the beautiful world around me. It seems like every time my family was making plans to go on vacation, I always had something to do for work. That is not to say that someone else could not have done it, or I could not have done it at a later date. I simply convinced myself that I had to take care of business first, and that there would always be time for fun later on.

Well, at this point I haven't step out of my home for two and a half years except for the rare occasion of needing to do something for the court. And I have an oppressive feeling that I won't be ever again.

Of course, I am still praying for justice, hoping that the family realizes nothing would be served by pursuing this ridiculous case; hoping that the DA realizes their "proof" is smoke and mirrors, innuendo, and circumstantial and their desire to make a name for themselves is just wrong; hoping the judge stops trying to look like a hero in the media by burning me at the stake. What are the chances of any of those things happening?

Miracles still happen, or so I hope.