Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I Must Live My Favors


I must live all the favors God has given me today. A favor cannot be saved. There is no bank where one can deposit favors received, to be used in accordance with our will. If I do not make the most of these blessings, I shall lose them forever.

God knows that we are artists of life. One day he gives us a chisel for sculptures, another brushes and canvas, another a quill to write with. But we will never succeed in using chisels on canvas, or quills on sculptures. Each day has its own miracle. I must accept the blessings of today, to create what is mine; if I do this without objectivity and without guilt, tomorrow I shall receive more.

by Paulo Coelho
found for free at Freebooks

*****
Each of us is blessed with gifts, gifts which can take many different forms: athleticism, intelligence, a sense of humor, or luck. The question is, what are we to do with them?

The warrior of light knows that he has been given gifts today to be used today. You might say that each of us must be a channel for blessings. As we receive, so must we pass on. As to how we are to use our gifts, I couldn't say because each person has their own destiny, their own strengths. All I can say for certain is that you must know yourself, recognize what your blessings are, and use them accordingly. Very vague words, I realize, but each person's path is their own.