Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

Cinnamony Goodness

I was in the mood for something sweet this evening, so decided to whip up some cinnamon rolls.


Here is the dough rolled out after being allowed to rise for an hour beforehand. I like to add a bit of  spice to my doughs, be they pie crusts or sweet breads, especially if there is going to be fruit and such added in. Whatever spice is in the filling is what I put in the dough. In this case, the dough has a bit of cinnamon and cardamom.



I then spread a stick of melted butter over the dough, then sprinkle a cinnamon/sugar/cardamom mixture.
Finally, a generous portion of pecans.





I let the cut rolls proof again until they have filled up the baking pan.





Brown and hot from the oven!
Yum.




Finito!
Covered in a brown sugar and orange glaze.
Mm mm mm mm mm!